Now is the time of year to start thinking about putting your careers plans into action, or if you don’t have any plans yet to start making some!
This is where MyCareer comes in, MyCareer is packed full of digital career tools and resources designed to help you understand yourself better, consider the career opportunities open to you, and help you to stand out to employers.
MyCareer is jam packed with tools and resources, far too many to mention them all now. But here are a few of our favourite things which we think you’ll love:
- CV Builder – Do you need a CV? Create an expert CV based on employer requirements with our CV builder.
- CV360 - Upload your CV for instant feedback. This uses the same kind of technology as the automated Applicant Tracking Systems used by graduate recruiters.
- Career Assessments – Understand your motivations, preferences and values to help you consider your career options.
- Business and IT skills courses - 150 employability (soft) skill eLearning courses covering negotiation, presentation, management, leadership, customer service, meeting skills, project management, teamwork, personal development, finance, problem solving, business writing, numeracy, IT (excel, MS word, PowerPoint, outlook), wellbeing.
- Psychometric Tests – A full set of Practice Psychometric Tests (Aptitude Tests) including Numerical Reasoning, Verbal Reasoning, Deductive &Inductive Reasoning, In-Tray Exercises and Personality Profiling
- Interview360 – Use the Interview 360 to have your PC give you a mock interview
- Assessment Centre Tool – This comprehensive tool explains everything you need to know about assessment centres, the activities you may be assessed on and how to perform well.
- Industry Reports – These will help you to find out more about the sector you want to work in and are really useful when preparing for an interview.
- Elevator Pitch Builder– Don’t know how to introduce yourself when you meet an employer, get prepared with the Elevator Pitch Builder.
- Cover Letter Builder – Not sure how to start your covering letter, Create your cover letter quickly and easily with the Cover Letter Builder
Tracker – Save job searches and follow employers to get alerts of new