Whether the experience was good or bad, simply waving goodbye and moving on won’t allow you to get the most out of it. Read the following few things you need to do just before you complete your placement to ensure you’re reaping the benefits of your hard work:
- Reflect on your experience and skills gained whilst on placement and make a note of them whilst you remember. Highlight your strengths and weaknesses, preferences and tendencies, helping you to spot areas of development and identify suitable future opportunities.
- As your work experience comes to an end, go through your notes to identify your greatest achievements, biggest learning moments and the key skills you picked up.
- Use this information to update your CV and LinkedIn profile (book an appointment with a Careers Adviser if you need support with this)
- Consider if this is still a career area that you are interested in
- Your feedback is important to us as it helps shape our offering for the future. It will also encourage you to think about your placement and what you have learnt. Student feedback may be part of your assessments or it may be requested by your Placement Partner. Either way, we really appreciate your thoughts and we may even get back in touch to develop your feedback into a Case Study.