The Careers & Employability Service helps students and graduates of the University of South Wales and its franchise/partner colleges with all aspects of their career planning. Services range from individual advice and guidance, employability events and workshops, Grad Edge Award, jobs and placement opportunities, careers information, contact with employers and help with starting your own business.
Meeting with a Careers Adviser – Speak to a Careers Adviser on a one-to-one basis. Services range from individual advice and guidance on career choice to postgraduate study, work experience, practical support with job hunting, interview techniques, CV’s, working/studying overseas and much more. We can even help you find a part time job whilst you study.
Careers Events – Every term we organise a large variety of events across all faculties to help you with a range of career issues and job hunting. These include exhibitions, jobs fairs, guest speakers and much more. Make sure you don’t miss out on whats going on in your campus. Careers events can always be viewed from our home page
The Careers website also has many other areas that are useful to you. These include:
- Ask a Question – We offer free, online careers information, advice and guidance via this email service.
- Links related to your subject – For useful information and job search websites that are of direct relevance to your course or subject.
- Careers & Employability Service You Tube Channel – To View the Careers Service own You Tube Channel, containing useful videos on specific careers and general careers information.
Please Note: The Careers website is an additional resource you can use to get information and help and is not a replacement for one to one guidance.
Services to Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama Students
RWCMD students are able to have full access to careers information and advice via www.southwales.ac.uk/careers . Individual appointments can be made to see a Careers Adviser at the ATRiuM by contacting the Advice Desk on 01443 668541. Alternatively students can e-mail a Careers Adviser or book for a Telephone Interview.
For more information please go to www.southwales.ac.uk/careers. RWCMD students are also welcome to attend any events advertised and organised by the University Careers Service.
The Careers and Employability Service comprises:
- Euros Evans Head of Careers & Employability
Employability Development Team
- Lloyd Williams – Employability Development Team Manager
- David McCarthy – Careers Adviser for Faculty of Creative Industries (FCI)
- Vacancy – Careers Adviser for Faculty of Life Science & Education (LSE)
- Ruth Morgan – Careers Adviser for Faculty of Computing, Engineering and Science (CES)
- Rhiannon Pugh – Careers Adviser for Faculty of Business & Society (FBS)
- Rebecca Richards – Grad Edge Employability Officer
- Nicola Robinson – Employability Development Officer
Work Placement Team
- Work Placement Team Manager
- Julie Gould – Placement Adviser – FBS
- Julia Rees – Placement Adviser – FBS
- Hannah Jones – Placement Adviser – FBS
- Karin Rees – Placement Adviser – CES
- Lucy Picton – Placement Adviser – CES
- Glesni Ayres – Placement Adviser – FCI
- Kate Czyrko – Placement Adviser – FCI
- Donna Freddi – Placement Adviser – LSE
- Angela Lewis – Placement Adviser – LSE
- Michelle Mahoney – Placements Administrative Officer
Central Careers Team
- Matthew Evans – Central Careers Manager
- Lynne Campbell – Careers Admin Officer
- Sharon Holt – Careers Information Officer
- Bob Gwynnett-Davies – Careers Information Officer
Student Enterprise Team (Bright Ideas)
Equality in Employment
The Careers and Employability Service are committed to the practice of Equality and Diversity in all aspects of its work. We are aware that students and graduates may face many barriers in the job market and we strive to not only address this but to help overcome it with positive action.
Please see our Equality in Employment page.