October 9, 2018
Applications for the award winning Civil Service graduate programme are now open!
The Civil Service has a far-reaching remit. It helps keep the UK prosperous and secure, supporting governments, implementing their commitments and delivering high-quality service to the public, with a wide-ranging remit stretching from transport, to education and the NHS.
The Civil Service employs over 42,000 people, and takes on 1000 graduates each year on their Fast Track Scheme, which has opportunities in Wales, across the UK and Internationally.
This programme is a 4 year accelerated career path to leadership with supported development. You have the opportunity to make a difference, play a part in crucial national events, get involved in intellectually challenging work for an organisation that provides excellent training and provides fantastic long-term prospects
What they offer:
- 15 different Fast Stream schemes (see below)
- Each with a career path in a government profession
- Many offer professional qualifications
- You can select up to 4 schemes when you apply
- Most schemes welcome applications from those with a 2:2, as well as 2:1 and first degrees
- The Fast Stream has no upper age limit.
Three things you might want you to know about the Fast Stream:
You can ‘Be Yourself’ on the FastStream: Whoever you are, whatever your age, background or the degree subject you studied, we value who you are when you join us and offer flexible working to ensure that you can achieve good work-life balance, once on board.
You can ‘Be a Leader’ on the Fast Stream: Our programme will help you to reach your full potential; progress to the highest levels of the Civil Service and reach the top of your profession.
You can have fun on the Fast Stream: Fast Streamers enjoy unique access to professional and social networks. They form lasting lifelong friendships on the programme whilst working in modern workplaces and contributing to solving some of the greatest challenges facing society today.
- Diplomatic Service
- Human Resources
- Digital, Data and Technology
- Commercial (Procurement)
- Science & Engineering
- Project Delivery
- Government Communication Service (Marketing, Media & PR)
- Government Economic Service
- Government Statistical Service
- Government Operational Research
- Government Social Research Service
- Houses of Parliament
- Diplomatic Economic Service
If you want to be part of it, please don’t leave your application to the last minute!
Applications to the Fast Stream close on Thursday 25 October at noon.
Visit: www.faststream.gov.uk now to apply.
The Civil Service Fast Stream
It’s what you make it