April 27, 2018
PROCESSIONS is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to take part in a mass participation artwork to celebrate one hundred years of votes for women.
In 1918, the Representation of the People Act gave the first British women the right to vote and stand for public office. One hundred years on, we are inviting women* and girls across the UK to come and mark this historic moment as part of a living portrait of women in the 21st Century.
On Sunday 10th of June, women and girls in Belfast, Cardiff, Edinburgh and London will walk together as part of this celebratory mass participation artwork. Wearing either green, white or violet, the colours of the suffrage movement, the PROCESSIONS will appear as a flowing river of colour through the city streets.
For the Cardiff Procession we are looking to recruit 100 volunteers to assist with assembling the parade; issuing the scarves that each woman/child will wear to represent the colours of the Suffragette’s and to provide information and assistance to the participants.
Date: Sunday 10th June 2018
Time: 10am – 6pm
Voluntary – lunch provided, and you will be given a souvenir t-shirt.
This role is open to both women and men.
• Attend volunteer briefing.
• Coordination of procession start/ organising participants.
• Manning information points at the start and end of parade.
• Distributing scarves to the participants part of the visual artwork.
• Assisting those with accessible needs.
• Be available on Sunday 10th June- rain or shine!
• Work to be undertaken outdoors
• You will be able to walk with the parade.
• Many of the roles will require being stood up, please specify when you apply if you cannot stand up for long periods of time.
• If you have a preference as to which role you would like, please specify when applying.
• Parking will be limited, please identify if you would require parking.
• If you are interested, please email email@example.com stating your interest, availability and contact number.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
*those who identify as women or non-binary
Join us online | Ymunwch â ni ar-lein