What is Grad Edge?
Grad Edge is USW’s employability award which recognises students who have completed 70 hours of work experience and gained valuable employability skills along the way.
The Award requires you to:
- Undertake a skills audit
- Complete 70 hours work experience (35 hours being career related)
- Create a CV
- Answer 2 competency style questions using the STAR model
The steps to success
The Award comprises of 5 simple steps which contain resources that you can call upon to help you gain the employability skills needed to complete the Award and enhance your future job prospects.
- Undertake & capture 70+ hours’ experience made up of:
- Minimum 35 hours of career-related experience
- The remaining hours spent gaining general employability experience, such as, your part-time job, volunteering, course reps, running a society etc.
- Round off your experience by obtaining an employer/ client reference