Employers put work experience at the top of their wish list when recruiting graduates, but not everyone finds it easy to get the work experience they need…
The European Social Fund (ESF) funded GO Wales Achieve through Work Experience Programme is for young students on higher education courses in Wales who are facing barriers in securing work experience.
We work with all kinds of employers in Wales to create tailored, flexible work experience opportunities designed to fit around students’ other commitments. We source:
- Work shadowing – up to three days of unpaid work experience observing someone in their role to understand how they do their job.
- Work tasters – up to four weeks of unpaid work experience with the opportunity to learn about work and the working environment by observing and undertaking some tasks.
- Work placements – four to six weeks of paid work experience getting hands-on experience or working on a project.
If you take part in the Programme you will get the support of an adviser to help you decide what kind of work experience would work best for you, help to prepare for it, learn from it and decide on your next steps. This will improve your chances of securing sustainable employment, further training or education when you complete your course. You may be able to get help with travel costs and other costs so that work experience is an affordable option for you.
To be considered for the project you must be Under 25, studying a full time HE course at a Welsh University and have legal right to live in the UK.
You must also fall into one (or more) of the following categories
- Have a Disability or Work Limiting Health Condition (WLHC)
- Have caring responsibilities
- Have been in care
- Have a BME background (minority ethnic groups)
- Come from a low University Participation Area
- Work shadow, taster and placement opportunity in an organisation that suits your career needs
- Financial support may be available with e.g. childcare and transport costs
- One-to-one advice
- Support in developing your CV and practice your interview skills
If you are interested click here
If you are a student or employer and would like to find out more about the programme, get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our advisers will be able to talk you through the process.
You can also visit www.gowales.co.uk for further details.
Share this page?